Saturday, April 16, 2011

I sell you my daughter for 1cent

I sell you my daughter for 1 cent 

                                                                   Jin-Sung Jang

I sell you my daughter for 1 cent
Hanging the sign aroun the neck
Her daughter was standing next to her
That women at the marcket place

She was a mute
Seeing the daughter who was sold
And the mom who was selling
People were cursing at them
The women did not react

She was not crying
When her daughter hugged her
Cried out that her mom caught the fatal disease
The women was standing still

She did not thank
When a soldier gave her 1 cent
and saying that I bought your motherhood
not your daughter
She just ran to somewhere with that money

She was a mother
Giving a bread  to her daughter
That she bought with 1 cent
She was sobbing and cried out
Forgive me, daugther


 [내 딸을 백원에 팝니다_장진성]

I am sure that i made a lot of mistakes when I translate this poem,
and I couldn't  bring the touching that I received from it
This poem is written by Jin-Sung Jang who fled from North Korea
and He wrote it out of the real story.
Still, there are plenty of starving people in North Korea, and according to North Koreans who fled from North Korea, there are hundreds of people who are dying of starvation everyday (in one village) 
They buried them and when it rains, mongrels tore off arms, legs, heads, or parts of the dead bodies.

It is just a part of the whole.We cannot measure how severe it is in North Korea.


No comments:

Post a Comment